CRUTCHES ARE OBSOLETE
Crutches can be extremely hard to use and navigate in, especially when you need to use stairs, For years there was no solution for the bruised underarms, shoulder fatigue, and strain on the hands - until now! Introducing the first arms free knee crutch.
The iWALK 2.0 is the best solution for non-weight bearing lower leg injuries, is easy to learn, and provides a pain free mobility experience.
Everyday activities can be next to impossible with the traditional crutches or knee scooters. With the iWALK you are free to continue your regular routine. Whether its at the grocery store, going up and down the stairs at home, carrying something in your hands, walking the dog - the iWALK 2.0 gives you the freedom to get your life back on track.
What sort of injuries is the iWALK 2.0 crutch best suited for?
Typical injuries that a hands-free crutch are appropriate for include (but are not limited to) any sprain, strain, fracture, dislocation or surgery to the lower leg, ankle or foot. Common conditions we experience are sprained ankles, fractures of the lower leg, foot or ankle, Achilles tendon injuries and surgeries, foot surgeries such as bunion or foot ulcer correction. The iWALK 2.0 crutch is also useful as a gateway device during prosthetic limb transition periods or as a shower/swim prosthetic for users of permanent prosthetic limbs. In short, if you have sustained an injury to your lower calf, ankle or foot, and you need to be non-weight bearing, then iWALK 2.0 crutch is a great option to avoid the pain and inconvenience of conventional crutches. If you are suffering from lower leg, foot, and ankle injuries and are required to be non-weight bearing during recovery, then you can use the iWalk 2.0 crutch to improve your quality of life during rehabilitation.However, every injury is unique, so we always recommend that you consult with your health care professional before choosing any rehabilitation device.
How can I determine if I am a good candidate for the iWalk crutch?
A good quick test to see if the iWALK 2.0 might be suitable is to place the shin of the injured leg (with your leg bent 90 degrees) on a padded bench or chair. If you can carry weight in this manner for a few minutes and the shin and knee remain comfortable, this is a very good indication that iWALK 2.0 will work for you.
- Prior to your injury you were not challenged by normal ambulatory activities such as walking, climbing stairs, etc.
- Your injury is to one leg (or foot, ankle or Achilles tendon) only.
- You are between 4 foot 10 inches (147CM) and 6 foot 6 inches (198cm). The iWALK 2.0 is fully adjustable for a wide range of heights and leg sizes. If you fall outside of this range, contact us for an individual assessment first.
- You weigh 275 pounds (125 kg) or less and your maximum leg circumference is 27 inches (69 cm) or less (measurement taken as high as possible on the thigh).
- If you are wearing a cast, make sure you can still bend your knee to 90 degrees.
iWALK 2.0 may not be suited for:
- People that have poor health, diminished strength or who have any mobility challenges that are unrelated to the injury.
- Those that are significantly overweight are not ideal candidates, but that does not mean it won't work! Contact us for an individual assessment.
- Those that are unwilling to spend one to two hours to become proficient in using the iWALK 2.0. (We have seen many cases where users get used to iWALK 2.0 in minutes, but everyone is different).
- People with injuries to the knee or upper leg.
iWalk Crutch Benefits:
Don't add insult to your injury
The bottom line is that losing the use of a lower leg, foot, or ankle should not also mean losing the use of your hands and arms.The most obvious benefit of the iWalk leg crutch in comparison to conventional crutches, is that it is hands-free. Hands-free means that there is no interruption to your normal day-to-day routine. It may sound basic, but it is a freedom that conventional crutches or other crutch alternatives (such as knee scooters) cannot provide. We are the best crutch alternative (no, we aren't just bragging) because the iWALK 2.0 makes it possible to do things like walking the dog, cooking, making copies, opening a door – simple tasks that take on a whole new level of difficulty when you use conventional crutches. With iWALK 2.0 as your crutch alternative, you can live the lifestyle you did before your injury.With iWALK 2.0 as your crutch alternative, you don't have to adjust your lifestyle for weeks or months as your injury heals. Instead, you can simply continue your typical routine.
The iWALK 2.0 improves upon conventional crutches in many significant ways:
- Enhanced mobility
- Greater comfort
- Ability to manage daily activities
- Ability to remain independent
- Improved motor function
- Improved personal safety
- Improved ability to exercise
- Improved emotional well-being
- Potential for reduction in muscle atrophy, strength and bone density loss
- Potential for shortened rehabilitation time
***Unfortunately,this manufacturer does not accept returns on this item - all sales are final for this particular item***